View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #12
jrasmussen
jrasmussen can extract oil from cheesejrasmussen can extract oil from cheesejrasmussen can extract oil from cheesejrasmussen can extract oil from cheesejrasmussen can extract oil from cheesejrasmussen can extract oil from cheesejrasmussen can extract oil from cheesejrasmussen can extract oil from cheesejrasmussen can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Arc7 HD, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrII View Post
From my point of view I think anything that draws customers in a store is a plus. I don't expect the agreement between Kobo and the independent book store association is going to have a dramatic affect for either independent book stores or Kobo. However, I do feel it's a positive step for both and represents progress.

I don't think Kobo bares the responsibility for insuring independent book stores survive the digital age, nor do I expect that independent book stores are looking for the Kobo agreement to dramatically change their current situations.

What I do know is I will be walking into an independent book store and making a purchase and I am happy that whatever markup/commission/cut involved is going to a local independent merchant.
well said--I couldn't agree more!
jrasmussen is offline   Reply With Quote