View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontree255 View Post
So what say you experts, does the Astak look to be superior to the Cybook? I know the hardware is the same/similar, but perhaps the software is better?

Any thoughts/opinions would be appreciated.
Since no one has any Astak device as they aren't out yet this question can't really be answered. The OEM for both devices is the same, so I suspect the will be very similar. What will be different is the software.

Also, if you are wanting to get the eReader version of the Astak then you must wait. Personally, I wish there were an eInk device that supported eReader. Since both my son's now have an iPod touch going 100% eReader would let us read all our eBooks on all those devices.

Other than that I would say just get the CyBook. No telling how long you will have to wait for the Astak. It has alreade been delayed several times... and there is no telling if that will happen again. You will also be able to sell the CyBook farily quickly from what I see if you do want to move to an Asktak. Of course, you might be orphaning your eBook collection unless you get the Mobipocket version of the Astak... I think called the Litebook.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote