Thread: PW battery
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 01:21 AM   #12
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
So, after dropping to about 35% percent yesterday, I was reading over dinner (well, plus a break from work) for almost 3 hours. WIFI on, not 3g. In a bright place, so I had brightness almost all the way up. The kindle was completely drained at the end.

Put it back to recharge (charging now).
But, by this first estimate, it has about 8-10 hours with 3g and a screen turned at the max. Maybe 12-15 hours with wifi and a screen half-way. And that's a generous interpretation.

That's at most half of what I was getting with the KT with the lighted cover. With wifi/3g and the light always on, I was getting about 30 hours. And that was not very impressive.

All in all, I am really not impressed with battery life of any of the ebook readers I have had. The various SONYs and the Kindles... under normal usage, I have ALWAYS had to recharge about twice a week. Granted, all of them had magazine subscriptions and I have always used 3g more than wifi because I am lazy...

But this PW seems to be a 'charge every second day' device, so far.
Hopefully something is skewed in my observations.
Looks like mine is doing a little better than yours but I'm running with the light level at 14 and you are using about 24. Do you really need level 24? If I turn mine up that high indoors it is way to bright. Everyone has different eyes of course.