View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 01:28 AM   #365
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
No problems. I love everything about it except the color. The solid black makes it look cheap. Amazon needs to offer some color options. The nicest looking Kindle to date is the Touch. Visually it's a class act. While the technology has gone forward, the styling has taken a 180.

The virtual keyboard seems easier to use than the Touch, except there's still a "p" key where every other keyboard in the world seems to put the backspace, and it's caused me numerous times on the Touch and now the Paperwhite to write "ppppp" when I meant to backspace to erase a word.

It may be my imagination, but page turns seem faster. And though it's a small thing, I do like the feature that tells you how much reading time you have left.

A great new feature I like, new to the Kindle, is the ability to translate non-English phrases into English. At the moment, the number of languages it recognizes is limited (here's hoping a future update includes Latin), but it's a nice start.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote