View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
kipling
kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kipling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelSullivan View Post
Hey guys, I've not been active on this forum before, but want to change that. I have lurked a lot and found some great comments going on. I've made this offer on some other writer sites so I thought why not here as well.

For those that don't know I've been successful in all three routes of publishing:
  • Sold out my print run from small press then reclaimed rights and self-publsihed.
  • Sold more than 70,000 copies (across 5 titles when self-published)
  • Obtained a six-figure 3-book deal from a big six
  • Been published (or beinging translated) into 14 foreign markets

Unlike some people who seem to think that there is only a single path of "the right way" (some say that is self, others say traditional) I actually have seen the good and bad on both sides and can generally offer a pretty balanced opinion. So....if you have any questions just let me know.

Michael.
Hi Michael

Great to come across your post, its also my first visit to the forum. I'm desperate for any advice you can give me, I've written my first book in a word 2003 doc it was finished in November 2011 After visiting various forums and asking questions mainly about getting it on kindle, at the moment I'm practicing but am just afraid to take the final step and finding it hard to get to grips with converting it to kindle. So much conflicting advice out there

Just need something that is not in gobble de gook, I'm a visual person and find it hard to read and do, great at being shown then doing it, watched calibre but no good. I've promised myself to just do it and have given myself a date of the Sunday 15th July 2012 or give up.

Rosalie
kipling is offline   Reply With Quote