View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #7
ScarletSony
ScarletSony began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
My apologies for the confusion...I am not trying to send blank books to the the device. I am just trying to get Calibre to recognize the correct version in my library (e-book and not paperback) that is on my device.

I had added all of my e-books from my e-reader to Calibre. Then I added all of my paperbacks when I read about being able to add other versions via a blank book. So now I have about 300 e-books and 800 paperbacks in my library. I have added tags to differentiate between duplicate copies of the paper version and electronic version...I also show the format column to tell which e-books are AZW and which are EPUB since we also have a kindle.

Prior to me adding the paperbacks, when I connected my Sony to Calibre, the On Device column in the Library would tell me the EPUB books were on the device by showing "main" with a green checkmark in front of the title of the e-books. Now that I have added the paper versions of some of my e-books, when I connect my Sony, the On Device column now shows some of my paperbacks as being on the device (which is not possible) instead of the EPUB version...and I don't know why Calibre would think these paperbacks were on my device nor do I know how to fix it except to delete all of my paperbacks.

I have also noticed, when I add metadata to the e-books (added from my Sony to Calibre), the device view in Calibre no longer recognizes the e-book as added to my library (the green check mark is missing). So I end up adding it again which means I now have two electronic versions of a book in my library...the one Calibre will recognize as on the device and one with metadata.

Sorry for the long response...
ScarletSony is offline   Reply With Quote