View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 08:06 PM   #73
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
Thank you very much for your detailed and considered reply. Having been a software developer myself for over 30 years, I appreciate regular updates. I know that we can't always get things right the first time, but knowing that there are regular updates makes me more comfortable.

And yes, that definitely helps me with my purchase decision... I am willing to take a chance on the Kobo Touch. (I was already leaning toward the KT with the previously stated reservations)

Thanks again.
My Kobo Touch finally arrived today (BestBuy.com took forever to process the order). I bought the white with the grey back. My initial impressions are that although the buttons feel a little on the "cheap" side, it overall feels like a good well-made device. Very nice size, nice sized bezel, good and balanced weight.

Setup was easy. I inserted an 8GB microSD card and used Calibre to sync over a few ePubs, CBZ, CBR, and PDF files. I am extremely impressed with how well it handles all 3 of those formats. The zoom and rotate functionality are lightyears ahead of my experiences with the nook color and nook classic. eInk isn't the best technology for color comics, it's serviceable, but some of my CBZ/CBR files are actually b&w magazines... and for THAT it does a very good job.

I'm enough of a gadget freak to know that the "honeymoon" with any device does not last long, but if the first 15-30 minutes of experience with the KT is any indication, I will consider it to be an excellent purchase.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote