View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #123
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
Bypass iTunes requirement!

Copy the file to a dropbox folder, open dropbox on your iDevice, navigate to the required file, and open it. Dropbox will be unable to but use the "open" icon (box with arrow sticking out) and "Open in Kobo". You can then delete them using the Kobo app. SO MUCH BETTER than iTunes.

My tests failed to open a library ePub in Overdrive or in Kobo on my iPhone. You can use Overdrive to download from your library account but you can't then read it in the Kobo app.
But kobo has no business relationship with dropbox, and considering dropboxes security is an utter train wreck and their reputation is going down the crapper by the minute, said relationship is probably very unwise.

I'll bet dropbox is a gonner in 12 months.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote