View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 03:29 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by river View Post
Thankyou so much for your reply.

So my assesment of the UK dedicated ebook reader market right now (and please let me know what I'm missing/misunderstanding), is...

Sony PRS-505 is available new between £180-£200.
PRO's: Great basic device, good screen/battery life
CON's: Can't handle large collections easily, slow refresh, no internet.

COOL-ER Reader - Coming soon
BeBook Mini (5" screen) - Coming Soon
BeBook2 (6" screen, 3g, touch) - Coming Soon

Does that cover everything new available direct from the UK right now? and does anyone have any anticipated release dates/price points for the coming soon's.

The BeBook and CyBook should be available too (at least by way of internet orders).

I've heard a date of August for the Mini (way too late, I want it now!)
The BeBook2: after the summer (which can be from september till the sun blows up)
The Txtr also this fall (it being a European product, I assume it'll also be available in the UK)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote