View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
This is one of those rock and hard-place type choices. You have to make a choice about whether you would prefer to deal with spam or potentially reduce real comments.

The rock: I started my blog back in November. I don't require a sign-in. I currently receive about 10 spam comments for every 1 real comment. On the plus side, the spam filter catches almost all of them.

The hard-place: There are several blogs that I have visited where I would have left a real comment, but when asked to provide a log-in I gave up. I don't imagine I'm the only one. I don't know how you would measure the impact of this.
Thanks gmw. Yeah, I wrote this long post and didn't even know I had to sign in. So I go to publish it and--poof, it's gone. Personally I'll deal with the spam. Thanks for the feedback.
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote