View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 08:30 AM   #14
DebbyS
Zealot
DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite; Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
Got this from The Galaxy Tab Forum:

Creating a desktop Folder for Apps on a Tab 2 7"

"You can create a desktop folder by taking an icon by dragging it to the top of the screen and when the menu drops down, move the icon to the file folder icon and a folder will be created on your desktop with your app icon already inside. You can then name the folder by touching the folder, and then touching the area where it says Unnamed folder...."

This did work for me, and I added other app icons to that folder by repeating the process up to where the folder I previously made appeared on the desktop, at which point I dragged the app icon to that folder and it was added. I have 8 apps in that desktop folder and can ignore the screens with the dozens of apps I won't use. My 8-app folder is on a screen by itself, and the screen has a picture I took of a cute nuthatch -- and that's it, no distractions or searching

And Anabran, thank you for reminding me about the USB port on the Fire. That is helpful. However, the internal storage on the Fire is so small I have also read that Android apps can be used on the Fire as the Fire uses some form of Android already, so while it might require some research (asking in Fire forums), the ability to use them is a good thing
DebbyS is offline   Reply With Quote