View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 01:10 PM   #9
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Not to be nitpicky, but people do buy Amazon (and Sony Connect) books outside the US by having a credit card tied to a US address. Obviously not many people do this but I just wanted to save folks from any confusion if they read the posts from our non-US members that are buying books from these stores. Still, you lose a good deal of the convenience value of the Kindle if you're not in the US. The only thing is would have left to give it an advantage over cheaper and lighter devices is the search function. I agree with DaleDe: overkill. I don't hear enough about the HanLin devices to have a feel for them but I was all set to buy a Cybook myself before Kindle came out.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote