View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #15
Colina
Colina began at the beginning.

Device: PanDigital Novel ebook
I got the PanDigital epaper 2Gig reader for Xmas (had asked for the Kobo, but they were sold out everywhere). Both my children got the Kobo for Xmas, so I was able to compare the two.

The Kobo has a simpler navigating system, is a bit brighter, and the Kobo desktop app works perfectly with the reader for syncing, and the auto sync (wireless) feature is great too.

PanDigital epaper is a bit darker, and the manual is in pdf, and is only available on the reader itself which is annoying with the scrolling back and forth feature. I copied it to my laptop as it's easier to read it and then follow along on the reader. I don't see any reason why I would even bother to read a pdf on it as it's incredibly annoying, it takes epubs and they work perfectly so far. I have no problem reading it in good light, the touch screen is pretty responsive, I like the calendar feature and have used it, also the sudoko is fun, :-), mail, browser - won't use them. And I prefer shopping on my laptop and transferring the books as the Kobo app is a bit more limited than the site itself. All in all I'm happy with it - my son offered to trade with me as he likes the touch screen but I think for the time being I'll keep it. I don't like the ADE software, but to be fair I didn't give it a lot of my time, I found Calibre and used it instead and it works quite well.

I also like the bookshelf feature with the Pandigital, as the Kobo only seems to offer sorting by Author or Subject, and it resets every time you turn it off - annoying!

Last edited by Colina; 01-04-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Colina is offline   Reply With Quote