View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #598
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@Dopedangel,

If I might ask, in what way are you finding that cover.jpeg 'doesn't work'. I have about 40 epubs on my Android phone. Most, if not all, of them have a cover.jpeg file for the cover as I have been routinely using 'Modify Epub' to put them there using the 'replace cover' option.

Whilst CoolReader is not my No.1 choice for reader app, I do occasionally use it. I've just checked again, all my epubs are correctly displaying cover thumbnails.

I have a vague memory that CoolReader didn't always show cover thumbnails if the opf file didn't contain a metadata item similar to
Code:
<meta name="cover" content="cover"/>
Using 'Modify Epub' or the new calibre 'Polish - update cover' should automatically fix that, though.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote