Thread: Glo Case for Glo
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #129
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilvearn View Post
When you fold back the front cover, can you lock it (with the same magnectic lock as when you close it) ?
The magnetic flap is very flexible so you can kind of fold it back and tuck it between the front cover and the back of the reader so that it engages with its magnetic counterpart in the same way it does when closed the 'right way round'. This would keep the flap out of the way, but it's not a very strong magnetic link when used the 'wrong way round'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilvearn View Post
And does it add a noticeable weight to the Kobo ?
No it's lighter than many cases I've had. I think the website states 100g, which is quite light considering that the front cover seems pretty rigid to me.

For anyone trying to decide between a Slimfit and a Leather protection cover... I also have the Gecko Leather cover for my Sony PRST1 (I'm assuming it's very similar to the KoboGlo version). My observations are:
  • Leather cover is classier (burgundy colour is beautiful) but bulkier (depth ~22mm with reader in). Easy to insert and extract reader. Nice if you read mainly at home.
  • Slimfit is more compact, lighter and protects all corners of the reader better (depth ~15mm with reader in). Easy to insert reader, trickier to extract (for me). More suitable when on the go.
I like them both very much.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote