View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #97
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
But it fell further after that news.
But the reasons why it was falling before didn't go away. It didn't fall faster than before.

Quote:
In this case X is known. All Apple need do is come out and say that the statement is wrong. They needn't prove it.
And what is X?

Quote:
The iPhone 3G cannot run the new iOS. That's the point I was making previously. And the words "budget" and "cheap" to describe the 3G and a hypothetical Mini line are yours. I would not use those words.
Actually the word "cheap" belonged to Apple's Senior Vice President of Marketing, which was quoted in the article that you quoted:
Quote:
jbjb, you have a point, but companies publicly deny rumors all the time. Here are a few examples from Apple ...

On the iPhone Mini:
Quote:
As stories of an upcoming launch of a new, more affordable iPhone mount, Apple's Senior Vice President of Marketing moves to quash rumors.

Speaking to the Shanghai Evening News, Phil Schiller said: "Despite the popularity of cheap smartphones, this will never be the future of Apple's products. In fact, although Apple's [global] market share of smartphones is just about 20%, we own 75% of the profit."
Now I understand that you don't consider that the hypothetical Mini can be called "cheap", but in that case Apple didn't deny the rumor of a Mini, it just denied that it will make a cheap smartphone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbot View Post
I don't think we should be following iphone news. It's seems pretty irrelevant to this site. There are so many other websites that follow Apple. If we are going to follow any tech with a screen, that seems too broad for a mobile reading forum.
But the iPhone isn't just any tech with a screen, it's a very popular tech with a screen and reading apps.