View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #15
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
Late last year I contacted this company Qoppa Software with a similar idea.

Their PDF Studio has all the capabilities (and more) that everyone seems to want available in a linux package. They have an Android app qPDFnotes as well that does pretty much what is wanted for the Onyx reader .

Basically they would be willing to port a version for a reader if there was enough community interest. They have all the necessary linux tools/libraries to do it .

My contact there was

Gerald Holmann
Qoppa Software
+1 (404) 685-8733
www.qoppa.com
gerald.holmann@qoppa.com

in my opinion this would be a much better solution than an xjournal port if its actually doable.

thre is a video of the android app in operation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of1rT4i0F_Q
I have had a look at that PDFStudio. It seems to be written in Java... are they willing to port it to Qt or how is that supposed to work? I don't think running a JVM on the M92 is feasible.

Also - what does community interest imply? Somebody willing to pay for this PDFStudio?
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote