View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #40
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
@chaley See attached, It doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but as a user of the restrict to feature for a long time I expected all of the "additional restriction" items to be translated directly as virtual libraries in the new setup. Since I was using them as a top level restriction.
This is a tough one that I debated while writing the code. If you used restrictions as VLs as you did and if most (perhaps all) of the saved searches were restrictions, then indeed it would make sense to populate the VLs from the saved searches. However, if you used saved searches without using restrictions or used some saved searches as "convenience VLs" then populating the VL list from the searches would be wrong. I ended up deciding that it was easy enough to create the VLs you want so I didn't migrate the saved searches to VLs.

Note that if you apply an "additional restriction" then create a VL, the search for the new VL is prepopulated with that restriction. You still need to name it, but that is easy enough using copy/paste.

Quote:
Update: Compose my thoughts and three other messages pop-up.
That happens to me a lot. I end up answering a question that was answered by someone else several minutes ago.

Last edited by chaley; 04-13-2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: fix malformed quote
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote