View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 02:12 PM   #2
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyNJ66 View Post
Hello, I might buy the Daily Edition from my local Best Buy but need to know a few things. I have sites bookmarked that have tons of epub files on my laptop and am wondering if I can put ANY epub file on the PRS-900?? If not, I will steer clear of the daily edition.
The 900 supports ADE's DRM, and any un-DRM'd ePub. That covers pretty much every seller except Apple and B&N that provides ePub.

Quote:
I used to use Calibre awhile ago before I had to reformat my hard drive (forgot how to use it now) when I had a Kindle and am wondering if it will sync up via the Daily edition's 3G?
Calibre will send files to the 900 via USB, but the 3G is currently limited to accessing the Sony Store.

Quote:
Are there any free books in the Sony store? Are they that much expensive than Kindle editions?
Amazon tends to be a bit cheaper, but I like not being locked into Amazon's format. I can take books from Sony's store to other devices, which to me is worth an extra buck. I don't really use the 3G for free books because of places like feedbooks, so I can't say much here.

Quote:
Is the glare a deal breaker? I was so annoyed with the Kindle 2's lack of contrast that I returned it. The screen was too dark and I'm wondering if the PRS-900 has the same problem?
The Kindle's screen was too dark? I heard it was one of the better screens out there for e-ink. If the Kindle 2 was your first e-reader, I think you might be even more disappointed with the 900's screen, which is really the same as the Kindle 2's. The whites might be a bit whiter under the right light, but as these guys aren't backlit, they will all appear dark in low light.

I'd check out the 600/900 in a store first (Best Buy has display models of the 600, at the very least, as does Borders). Can't really answer this last, and important, question for you. You have to see it for yourself.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote