View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 04:21 AM   #20
kfarmer
Gizzzzmo Nerd
kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Next thing to do is to stop everything that you have running on start up that is not part of Win 7. That also includes any services that are not part of Win 7. What you want when Win 7 finishes booting is nothing in memory that did not come from Win 7 or is part of Reader Library. Then try Reader Library and see what happens.
And that's what you got on my machine, to be honest. Its startup is about as stock as it can get and still be considered protected. Anything that's running, *should* be running. If Sony's software is balking at any of that, then the problem is squarely *Sony's* to correct. They aren't paying me to be their compatibility testing team

And, let's face it. We were running the prior version on the pre-betas of Win7, without issue beyond the occasional reader-starts-taking-up-100%-cpu problem, which was corrected before RTM, and my machine at that point was definitely not in as good a shape as it is now.

The appcompat entries in the event log concern me. That makes it sound as if Sony's making some unorthodox request of the OS (eg, some outdated dll) and the OS is freaking out over it. I'd have to fire off an email to the windows PMs to determine what if anything would lead to this.
kfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote