View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #43
dgvirtual
Enthusiast
dgvirtual plays well with othersdgvirtual plays well with othersdgvirtual plays well with othersdgvirtual plays well with othersdgvirtual plays well with othersdgvirtual plays well with othersdgvirtual plays well with othersdgvirtual plays well with othersdgvirtual plays well with othersdgvirtual plays well with othersdgvirtual plays well with others

Device: Kobo Glo
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgvirtual View Post
The files are messed up (I changed the names, so they are not ordered right, and I may have restarted the script in the google spreadsheet, so some books may be fetched twice) but you can see THREE directories called "KoboGrive", and you can also see that the script has put books in the wrong directories... It makes for a real mess inside your kobo soon.
On another thought, there is a workaround for this problem. Unless, of course, someone finds a way to deal with this problem by modifying the spreadsheet macro, so that it simply saves attachment without assigning a label to it...

This could be a workaround: from your special Google Drive account, that gets synced to Kobo ereader, share a directory to another Google Drive account. AND set up that spreadsheed that contains a command to fetch attachments on that another google drive account, so that once the gmail account gets a message with ebook, the ebook is copied into that folder. When the folders on the special account (that is synced with Kobo reader) are created by the reader, it will not affect the account that the script is running, the folders will not multiply, and all will be fine...

But as for myself, I am still hesitant to test it and to create yet another email account - I already have too many!
dgvirtual is offline   Reply With Quote