Thread: Battery Life
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #27
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Since installing Badass Battery Monitor, I'm getting a result that the Kindle System uses 47% of my battery consumption while the screen uses 24.42% and WiFi uses 22.46%. Its worth it to me to leave WiFi on since I sync a lot between my Fire and 3rd Gen Kbd.

My eReading (Amazon Kindle) only uses 0.18% while the Launcher and Kernel use 1.37% each. Badass Battery Manager uses 1.32% and the AppStore uses 1.26%. All other Apps uses less than 1%.

Thus, most of the battery usage is done by Kindle services just opening the Kindle Fire. The Kindle System, Screen, Launcher, Kernel and AppStore combined use 75.42% of my battery consumption. If I add in WiFi, I'm up to 97.88%.

Reading eBooks and playing chess on the Kindle Fire use negligible amounts of juice.

Kindle services excluding the Screen but including WiFi are active in sleep mode. Shutting down at night ends all processes for that period.

Badass Battery Monitor will need several charge cycles to produce an average battery life which will still be influenced by the initial short battery cycle after installation to the first charge.

At the present time my current battery usage is 6% with 94% remaining and reflects 52 minutes of use with a projected life to the next charge of 11 hours.

That is way OVER the original estimates of just 7 hours of battery usage between recharges. However, the Kindle Fire gives a low battery usage signal at 15%.

That means I probably have a full 12 hours of usage available but will have to recharge after every 10 hours of use to comply with the battery usage signal.

Active games probably shorten that life. Chess, however, is NOT an active game and uses negligible juice.

I recommend that everyone install Badass Battery Monitor now at version 1.7 and report back here their own battery usage statistics. If games cause unusual drains, this Monitor will detect them and their usage.

Last edited by sirmaru; 12-09-2011 at 09:48 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote