View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 11:29 AM   #13
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Does it really matter? After all, even a week (which is more likely for me) without charging is pretty good, and all the eInks seem to give that. It seems pointless to argue about which has longer battery life based on what the manufacturer/seller claims. I certainly don't believe every claim made by a company, especially if it is made for marketing purposes.

The only way to get a fair comparison is to know the maximum battery capacity and divide that by the device power drain per page turn/WiFi per unit/etc. For example, a device with 1000 mAh that consumes 0.1 mAmps per page turn and X mAmps per hour of WiFi activity. Since every reader company lists their battery life using different criteria, you cannot really compare them.

If it lasts a week, then that is really good and everyone should be happy. The only battery longevity fact that should impact eInk reader sales is if a particular device has a major battery drain issue. Otherwise they all pretty much have way more capacity than most of us need or require.
I agree, though the original nook was far from a week of reading time, if you read more than 1 hour a day. The new nook should give at least a week for moderate (2 or 3 hours a day) reading time, according to the info we've seen - certainly enough for most folks. And we should see the end of the complains "I can't take it on a long flight"!
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote