View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 10:42 AM   #13
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
The Clark County Library system has embraced the ebook in a big way for those of us who live in Las Vegas. They have ebooks in Adobe Epub and Mobi formats as well as audiobooks. Last time I checked they over 5,000 ebooks. My wish list is up to about 100 titles.

I use the system so much I decided to sell my Kindle DX since it sits unused on my coffee table. I read with either my Touch Edition or my Netbook in Portrait mode.

I have even suggested to the staff a "Buy a Book for the Library" campaign. If the library lacked a title a patron wanted, the patron would be linked to a sales site to buy the book for the library and then get the first opportunity to read the book. Once done, the book goes into general circulation for other patrons. I like this model much better than that of Amazon. I don't re-read books. I would rather pay and let someone else use the book after I am finished. To buy a book and then let it sit on my reader for years seems to me a lost opportunity to share.

The loan period for our library is 21 days which is just fine for me.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote