View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 10:14 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
I have never had a need to use hyperlinks and not having it has not made it unusable. My point is there are pro's and con's about each device and only by comparison of features and the needs of the end user can one say one is better for them than another. You can read books on any of the devices.
Many books have lots of endnotes, and hyperlinks are essential for reading those. Lack of them doesn't make the book "unreadable", certainly, but it's a damned nuisance.

Could you test such a book and find out, when you have a moment? - I'd be interested to know.

If you download the first volume of my H. Rider Haggard Anthology, here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54886

and look at the "Introduction" of "King Solomon's Mines" (the first book in the anthology), you'll see a hyperlink labelled "[1]" on what will probably be the first page of the introduction. Does the EZReader allow you to select that hyperlink?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote