View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 08:30 AM   #10
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
I have been using Book Bazaar for some time now but after touch support has been recently added to the calibre viewer, the best reading set-up on windows 8.1 for me is the following right now:

1) add a tile for calibre to your start screen (optional, depending on your starting point)

2) make the buttons and fonts of calibre large enough to be easily useable through touch

3) after launching the calibre viewer, go full-screen

A big advantage to me is that there no need any longer to import epubs and mobis from calibre to your reading app or to point your reading app to the calibre library directory and to have to navigate that structure.

It is not clear to me if any of the dedicated touch screen reading apps is really a lot better than the calibre viewer ?
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote