View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 01:16 AM   #476
JensW
Enthusiast
JensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trolls

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
Nice! What library are you using to merge the PDF files?
I'm currently using PDFSharp for this. I have a little problem though because it seems to have problems with certain pdf files. Maybe you can help me with it but I better write you an E-Mail about that. I'm away over the weekend though, so it might take a while.

As it is now the conversion of course works everytime but the merging is not as reliable as I want it to be for such a function. The problem is, it does not just raise exceptions which I could capture and just say "meeh doesn't work..", but it starts memory leaking in the library leading to a completely unlocalizable outofmemeory-exception somewhere else in the code in most cases.

I also tried a library by Gios but that had even more problems and I don't quite get the license of ItextSharp so I won't be using that.
Maybe I can work out the problems with PDFSharp though or you can help me with that. The author of PDFSharp said "The DEBUG build shows inconsistency warnings (IREF without value)." about the file. It might be that the file gets a little roughed up during the conversion with k2pdfopt because the source file can be opened without a problem.

Also the converted file (used just the options -ui- -x -p 1-7) can not be opened with some PDF readers who claim a corrupted PDF format.

Post on the author's board
http://forum.pdfsharp.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2501
The file in question
http://www.students.uni-marburg.de/~Wallauej/plasma.pdf

Have a nice day :-)

---------
I found that ItextSharp was under LGPL license up to a specific version. Maybe that will work.

Last edited by JensW; 07-05-2013 at 03:01 AM.
JensW is offline   Reply With Quote