View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #86
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
hello
Kobo Mini, Firmware 3.2.1
A bit of time travel involved? I have the same problem. My fingers would prefer to type "3.2.1" to "2.3.1".
Quote:
Hope I am posting in the right place.
It is.
Quote:
I have a strange occurrence that has happened with the new driver.

I have no covers showing on the front screen at all now. Just a square sleepy face with Sleep Mode displayed.

Prior to today, I have always had a cover displayed although not always the right one.
I was hoping Peter was right and the option had changed
Quote:
I had resent all of the books I had on the Mini with calibre 9.14 hoping to get rid of the Kobo series info (relates to another problem I have been having)
Is this to remove the series info so the sorting is based on the title only? If so, it wouldn't have worked unless you removed the series info from the books in the calibre library. With the series info option checked in the driver, it compares the values for the book in the library and the device database. If they are different, it updates the device database to match the library. If the option isn't checked, then the driver doesn't do anything with the series info.

And resending the books wouldn't have had the affect you wanted. The series info update is done as part of the calibre metadata sync during the connect. It also happens when you send a book, book but it works exactly the same as when you connected.
Quote:
Job was finished and I ejected Mini.

Books were not all sent. 453 of 658. The books that were sent retained their reading status and the front page had the same books displayed.
The calibre send job failed and didn't send the books? Or where 208 books missing when you disconnected the device? I am sort of hoping the latter as that was the reason for the change in 0.9.15.
Quote:
I upgraded to 9.15 and resent them all. All books were sent. Books did not retain their reading status, but I have had this happen before. They do seem to open to the correct page, but all say unread.
That shouldn't happen. There is actually code in the driver to do this, but it shouldn't get triggered for a Mini. It should only get triggered for devices with pre 2.0.0 firmware. I have done a quick test and it didn't happen when I resent a small number of books over, but I haven't tried hundreds. I'll have a look and see if something else could cause this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Show current book cover is checked.

Probably just another Kobo personality quirk

I only mentioned it because it happeend for the first time with the new driver
It probably is a Kobo problem. I have seen this a couple of times with 2.3.1 and 2.3.2, but the next time I open a book, the cover fixes itself.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote