View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 07:28 AM   #8
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I liked Out of the Dark until I learned about the vampires. I hate books with vampires!

I think Weber has gotten lazy in recent years. Just as Out of the Dark is an expansion of a short story, so have been a couple of others, like A Beautiful Friendship. In addition to short story expansions, he has gone off the deep end with neverending detailed explanations of how things work. This is a real problem in the Safehold Series. It is almost as if he has lost sight of what makes for a good novel.

Of course, having said that, I keep sending him the wrong message because I keep buying his new releases in hardcover and ebook.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote