View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #9
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Unless I'm doing something wrong, this does not seem to work anymore. I'm not getting any additional font choice. I only tried to add one font (with all four styles).
You're, most possibly, right.

Fontconfig part is still the same. All fonts that you'll put into /mnt/us/fonts will be found by Fonconfig and, therefore, will be visible to OS (after ;fc-cache, of course).

However, that part of reader application that showed available fonts in font dialog had been changed. I can't find mention of USE_ALT_FONTS anymore. It also seems that list of shown fonts is pre-defined and hard-coded.

(Reader application is a Java code. And Java code was a lot more horribly obfuscated in 5.2.0. It's harder to look through it. Oooh! Bad Amazon. Poor ixtab: > > > ).

I tried to find whether there is another, new [hidden] way to support alternative fonts without jailbreak but I've failed. It's possible that such a way exists (or maybe old way should be just slightly changed). But... at the moment I'm agreeing with you that USE_ALT_FONTS method had been removed from stock firmware.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote