View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
TechSarge
TechSarge began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 SO (Died), Kindle Fire HD 7"
I was not aware about the issues with resizing the TIFFs. Thanks for the tip - I'll refrain in future, but what's done is now done, as I had to delete the large files due to hard drive space - or lack thereof.

Yeah, It's a all-new and improved "format wars" all over again. At least with the VHS/Beta war, the Netscape/IE war, the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD war, they were only a two player war. This one is multiplayer, and if you choose wrong you're screwed good.

I personally am starting to HATE PDF. It's SO easy to corrupt the files by accident, and they're unusable then. I have so many PDF's that are nothing but graphics and photos inside, they'll be a major pain to convert to anything readable.

I'd seriously consider archiving with XHTML, but I know less about that than other formats. There are so many HTML derivations today that I can't keep up. Would XHTML be able to handle the line art and other non-text problems? What do I use to create/edit/view XHTML files? Do these convert to ePub and Mobi well?
TechSarge is offline   Reply With Quote