View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 07:29 PM   #264
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLYates View Post
I read somewhere, not sure here or elsewhere, that Calibre has some problems with DRM'd books. Imaging or something. That to get them to be able to read the DRM'd books you need to put in a plugin. I am figuring that it is something like a patch I had to get with a software I bought a few years ago to get it to work with something, MS sent it to me to help it work.

Aren't these plugins doing something similar? Letting Calibre work better with DRM'd books so that my reader can read them? If so, then what ones do I need to use?

If I am getting the wrong idea, I'm sorry.
There are different types of plugins for Calibre. Some help with reading information about books (such as lookups on ISBN, reading data from Amazon etc). Some help with converting books. In this thread we only discuss plugins that add features to the GUI.

As two of us have now said, what we cannot do is talk further about DRM here or anything related to a Calibre plugin that may help with removing it. I'm sorry if this seems unhelpful and frustrating, but it is the rules of this particular forum.