View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 04:00 PM   #1
mgwerner
mgwerner will become famous soon enoughmgwerner will become famous soon enoughmgwerner will become famous soon enoughmgwerner will become famous soon enoughmgwerner will become famous soon enoughmgwerner will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-500
Connect Software Update Killed my Program!

Greetings, All:

I've had my 500 for three months now, it was a gift from my fiance. I travel back and forth from Abu Dhabi to Alaska, and this little jewel has greatly cut down on my carry-on baggage weight!

Anyhow, I just updated the Reader software, as the program asked when I plugged in this evening. My Reader works fine, but the Connect software will not start. I have two icons on my desktop, and two programs in Program Files that refer to Sony Reader software. The original is Sony/CONNECT Reader/Data/bin/CONNECT Reader.exe. The new icon refers to Sony/Reader/Data/bin/eBook Library.exe. Neither will initialize. This occured immediately after the update, when the installer told me to unplug my Reader, and plug it back in once the program had started. It never did.

I have rebooted, and checked that there are no conflicts. Another curious thing was that my internet connection failed at the same time, and it took two reboots to get it back. Since I am using the hotel wireless setup I thought nothing of it, could be coincidence.

Any suggestions, anyone run across this issue? I'm good for a while, the reader is loaded, but in a month or so I will be needing to shuffle files.

Thanks for all the other advice and tips that have been posted here.

Michael
mgwerner is offline   Reply With Quote