View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 10:57 PM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
any 5 or 6 inch device from someone who isn't B&N or Amazon or Apple. that leaves you literally about 50 devices to choose from just in the e-ink category. Most all bookstores that you can buy an ebook from are going to have it wrapped in some form of DRM. ePub is the most common format now and the DRM is from Adobe. If she wants to purchase current copyrighted books that will be her best bet. Im sure someone else will chime in about secure mobi.

All of the "other" ereaders will support the Adobe DRM ePub. All the books you DOWNLOAD that you can make backups of are yours forever. No one can grab them back because they are files in your computer or reader. If the DRM is still intact though you will need the Adobe DE program to authorize devices and move the book to the device.

There's is more to it than that and Im sure I left something out.

But there are also many wonderful books available for free all over. Some new material that authors give away free as well as all the public domain works.

As for suggestions- well I have a dog in the fight- I would suggest reading about the PocketBook 360 and 301. Of course you can check them out on my website as well.

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 07-01-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote