View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 09:46 PM   #11
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Well, the JetBook doesn't do links, either, I believe. NuvoMedia had all this stuff 8-10 years ago. It doesn't take much imagination, but that is apparently too much to ask from most companies. (I have hope for the JetBook, though.)

I'm also hopeful someone will get smart and make a touch-screen PixelQi reader in the 5-8 inch range.

Maybe someone will make a decent, hackable tablet with such a screen, and I'll buy that.

Guess I'll have to get my Smart Q7 up to speed when it comes back from China. It's my only current hope.

@bjkel: looks like Mer is coming along -- in a few months, I expect most of the major stuff will be ironed out. It'll probably be the go-to OS. (You can drop the Hildon stuff, and install LXDE, for instance. Having a living Jaunty ARM distribution will make things livable.)

m a r
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote