View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 09:14 PM   #129
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by vldmr View Post
So I finished allmine update script manually by creating /system/serial_number with contents from the label on the back of the device with extra zero inserted.

I also did sqlite update of library.db, and finally unppacked gapps and rebooted. I was greeted with android setup wizard and went into account signup - that does not work . Can't establish a reliable data connection.

logcat shows the following:
I/CheckinTask( 4915): Sending checkin request (778 bytes)
E/CheckinTask( 4915): Checkin failed: https://android.clients.google.com/checkin (request #0)
E/CheckinTask( 4915): java.io.IOException: Rejected response from server: HTTP/1.1 400 invalid hardware identifier: "MF1234560003B7" is not a valid MEID (expect 14 hex digits)

Well, changed M to B in /system/serial_number, rebooted and ...

"Your Google Account is now linked to this phone."

How did you created the serial manually? I can not see any serial_number on my working PE only in /sys/classes/graphics/fb02 properties

Last edited by vicinc; 10-17-2011 at 09:19 PM.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote