Thread: Creator TOC - Internal or external?
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 04:40 PM   #24
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewt View Post
In the attached Zip file is a (very) quick and dirty example.

I raided the .txt versions of the files from Project Gutenberg for James Joyce:
Chamber Music
Dubliners
Ulysses

I then ran them through GutenMark, which produced 2 versions of the files: a single-file, and a chapter-separated set of htmls. I did a minimal cleanup on the single html's - changed quotes to curly quotes, and added a Word-generated TOC.

Next, I built the SiteMap using SiteMap Creator. I cleaned up the sitemap a bit (for some reason, the links only really work after I've run them through Word - maybe I'm not doing something right), and assembled it all in Mobipocket Creator. (Raided and added a couple graphics from Wikipedia).

Packed it all into the attached zip - resultant gutenmarked/slightly touched htmls, sitemap, graphics, opf, prc, etc.

In truth, I'd want to spend more time cleaning up the files, but hey, I was in a hurry.

Here's hoping the toes I've tread on aren't vengeful........

-bjc
Thanks. I've just not gotten the hang of creating an external ToC file for Mobigen/Mobipocket Creator. This will help to study your "quick and dirty" example.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote