View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
Senior
Zealot
Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Vox
Never say die

I too received my Vox for Christmas and after the Kobo upgrade the sleep thing no longer was an issue. The help I received on this forum corrected all my issues of any real importance. My son-in-law is with Kindle and the Fire too is having these start-up issues. The main problem I see with Kindle is the reliance on Amazon which is great if you are in USA but not so good if you are not. Here the Kobo is better in that most bookstores support Epub and I am yet to have a problem with Kobobooks.com, library books or other sources. I use my Vox as a presentation tool at work downloading MS Works (Office) files into the Vox via the applicable apps. I also make use of the audio function in the Vox using an attached speaker for children's books which works wonderfully well so two can sit and enjoy a children's audio book with sound that can drive you out of the room. I recently took a family album of pictures out to a meeting with friends and showed off our Christmas pictures, grandchildren etc. and all went wonderfully well. Cannot image why one would rant as you did as my Vox, for one, is great. I should point out that the Chapters book store in my city had a staff person trained on the Vox and she corrected the initial sleep problem along with that initial upgrade to software.
Senior is offline   Reply With Quote