View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Any downside to using Calibre to organize PDFs?

Since I got the iPad, I have been reading more PDF-type stuff. I was keeping it separate in its own little PDF folder because I was worried large files would gum up Calibre, which has never been very speedy on my machine and is already pushing 900 entries just of novels and proper books. But it is getting out of hand, I am finding it hard to locate things swiftly and identify what is on the iPad and what is not. I have too many sub-folders. It is getting unwieldy.

I don't want to convert these files or use Calibre features like that. I just want to have them all in one central place where I can search, sort and load onto iBooks. Most of them are magazine scans, and a few textbook-type stuff. Some of them are short (specific magazine articles I have scanned) and some are full-length books.

If Calibre is not the solution, is there something else? Or should I just put them into Calibre with the rest of my ebook stuff?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote