View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #76
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post

The book is filled with interesting word-visuals. Consider this virtual picture to help us understand our place in the chain of life:

“Suppose your father or mother—let’s say father for the sake of definiteness—walked into this room at the ordinary human pace of walking. And suppose just behind him was his father. And just behind him was his father. How long would we have to wait before the ancestor who enters the now-open door is a creature who normally walked on all fours? The answer is a week.”
That's not very long is it? We are such children, no wonder there is so much for us to learn.

as above I started reading "The Demon-Haunted World" I think I must follow it shortly with this one.

Thanks Tom!

Ooooh! ooooh! I like this too:

In fact, there is the remark that is sometimes made about Buddhism, I think in a kindly light, that their god is so great he doesn’t even have to exist. And that is the perfect counterpoise to the ontological argument.

— Carl Sagan

Followup: Bought it, stripped it, added it to Calibre and my readers, lined it up in the to reads...

Last edited by kennyc; 02-07-2010 at 01:18 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote