View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #11
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Ah good, that's what I'm looking for. What is the simplest best means for getting to that? Publish on B&N at $0 or Smashwords? I have a book I'm putting together that I want to freely distribute, including on my website but currently am only set up to publish on Amazon.

There is some debate on what actually works, all I can tell you is how I did it and what worked for me. Amazon has some mysterious ranking and pricing strategies!

First I listed on Amazon at the 99 cent price point.

Second I listed on Smashwords for free, and used them to list in every major ebook store as free. Apple, B&N and Kobo are all competitors to Amazo, with B&N being their most major. If you do it today, you can go direct into B&N and Kobo, but I do not know if they let you list for free or not, you might have to go through Smashwords. If you go through Smash, know that you are looking at a 1-2 month turn around before you can move on to the next step.

Then you get people whose name is not tied to the book to use the "I found this product cheaper" link to complain about the price verse B&N. Get as many people as you can do that.

Magically one day you book is free. How long will it stay? Some report days, weeks, and like I said I am in to two years now. (May 2010 to present.) IN THEORY it should stay free as long as the competition has it free, but results vary.

Good luck.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote