View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 11:01 PM   #9
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by screaminglemon View Post
I did just that. I was also worried that it wouldnt be worth it to upgrade until i had them both in hand and was able to directly compare the two. Let me tell you, it is VERY worth the upgrade. the two screens are like night and day and the new touchscreen is actually more responsive and easier to use. and the zoom lock for pdfs is by itself worth the cost although i dont see why sony couldnt have upgraded the firmware in the 900 to include that feature. oh well. i have no regrets about upgrading to the 950.
I did the same and those are my thoughts as well. Worth the upgrade, if nothing else for the better contrast (the background is brighter and the characters are darker).

But there is one thing that I liked on the 900 better, and that is the feel of the stylus. That additional touchscreen made the stylus 'glide' better on the page.

Otherwise, the device is much lighter, wifi and browser are nice additions (but I don't use them... I have an iPad and I like that better for web browsing...), the touchscreen has a much better response time... one unexpected improvement is the cover with light - which is much, much better for the 950 (brighter light).
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote