View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 11:16 AM   #12
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pismire View Post

From what several people say about the kindle DX, its just too small for small text.

That said, Sony seems to be on to something: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=213019 - a 13,3" flexible eink slate. It has been field tested at Japanese universities, and I would love to see Sony put some serious effort into the software. But the hardware exists...

For what it is worth, I think I could do without colour and videos. But might just be that these are not essential in my field of work. I would even go so far as to say that as long as the device displays PDFs reliably, I am willing to do all the note taking on an old fashioned notebook.
Kindle Dx in landscape mode has the same screen width as this 13.3" Sony in portrait mode i.e. 1200/150 dpi or 8 inch (20.2 cm).

This pdf for example is 8.5 x 11 inch ( 21.5 x 28 cm) with text lenght (without borders) at about 185 mm.
http://www.willus.com/k2pdfopt/examp...n_template.pdf

In native kindle dx pdf reader we can get the same text size in landscape mode i.e. 185 mm with fit-to-page-width or fit-to-actual-size, whereas in kindlepdfviewer we can stretch text across the whole 200 mm screen, using fit-to-document-content, two-point-cropping or some other type of zooming, getting 200/185 or 8% magnification in comparison to paper and native kindle reader.

Not big one but magnification nevertheless.

in native kindle reader in kindlepdfviewer

So, those who find some of the smaller letters on kindle or original paper to be to small for their poor vision will in all probability find those letters to small on 13.3" Sony (in portrait mode) too.

Last edited by markom; 05-30-2013 at 11:59 AM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote