Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #495
ousia
Enthusiast
ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
There is a little problem here, if the epub has fonts embedded itself, and the .css in the epub points at them, the default.css will be overruled.
You can't switch to verdana (by example) in the reader, when in the book the text point to Helvetica, and that font is embedded in the e-book.
Then you have to edit the e-book and empty the font directory, so it is no direct answer to your question, but in a lot of cases you have to edit each e-book, you can't avoid that by simply put an .css in your reader.
There are plugins for "pulling out" internal fonts in calibre without converting the book.
But i can put a no ident in the .css of the reader, but at the moment there is an ident rule in the ebook 's css it will jump.
The T1 and T2 ignores !important rules in .css files.
Thanks for your reply, NIck_1964.

I remove the fonts embedded in the ePub using a compression tool and I edit CSS or HTML files with a plain text editor. (I use calibre only for the ebook-viewer [the ePub reader].)

I have added two lines to the default.css file:

Code:
@font-face {font-family: serifsc; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; src:url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/FreeSerifSC.ttf);}
@font-face {font-family: serifsc; font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; src:url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/FreeSerifBoldSC.ttf);}
What I wanted to achieve is a way to apply those fonts when font-variant: small-caps is invoked in the CSS file.

But it seems there is no way to do that. I will have to manually edit every ePub file that contains small caps.