View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 - a reasonable choice?

Knowing next to nothing about Android (never used it - only ever seen a friend's Galaxy Note phone) I've just bought a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 on impulse; the price seemed reasonable and the specs decent enough.

Any thoughts on this device? Good buy? Waste of money?

Have to admit that I was forced to do a Google search to figure out how to do some rather elementary things on it; the Android UI is not obvious for a long-time iPhone/iPad user like me! The thing that took me the longest to figure out was how to create folders on the home screen: all the info I found said "tap and hold and you get an option to add a folder". Oh no I don't - I can add apps and widgets (what's the difference, by the way?), but no folders. Eventually spotted that when I held the home screen there was a vaguely folder-ish icon at the top of the screen. Dragged an app to that and a folder finally appeared. Is this something that's changed in Android 4.0?

Looking forward to having fun with this tablet - please forgive my doubtless elementary questions!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote