View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 10:04 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunixer View Post
I want the books to be formatted the same way a paper book would be. I want paragraphs with no line between them, and when a book is supposed to have two spaces to indicate that there is a "soft" chapter break or a scene break, I want that to show up. Right now those get lost because everything has a single line between paragraphs.

Oh, and BTW, I am susceptible to seizures but I can assure you your avatar is safe
Once you converted them then changing back requires using the original source file. Also if you use the indent feature then all spaces will be removed including soft chapter and scene breaks.

Calibre is not designed for tweaking or formatting documents. The remove spaces/add indent and the insert blank line options were giant swipes at common problems. If you use either of these it is all or nothing. I use both, but I also don't mind losing the soft chapter and scene breaks.

You can always use Sigil to fine tune ePub book content, format and the css file. If you want to just adjust indents then tweaking the css file using epub-tweak and a editor like Notepad++ might work for you.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote