View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #25
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Quote:
Originally Posted by akira28 View Post
Simply untrue. The Jetbook's contrast is rated 12:1 while e-ink has been rated at 8:1. (Please check the wiki for the facts.) The Jetbook has a mirror back so given the same light source it will always be brighter and have more contrast than e-ink. Generally eyes will strain more to see lower contrast.

Also the Jetbook's response time is rated at 20ms which e-ink based devices can only dream of.
Possibly mine is defective but under the same lighting conditions where I do most of my reading the Jetbook has far less contrast. The background is not white as in your picture but a silvery taupe color that is definitely darker than the eInk screens where I read. The text is definitely blacker but the background for me is too dark to provide better contrast than eInk. Plus, there are more annoying reflections.

In very bright light, the Jetbook has about the same contrast as eInk. But I don't normally read in very bright light. Even outside I read in moderate to deep shade.

But I will say that I'd rather read on the Jetbook than on a Palm or an iPod Touch.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote