View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #68
cargun71
cargun71 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Just got my nook! :)

Hi,

I ordered the nook, the very first weeks B&N announced. I placed the order from Istanbul, Turkey, with a UK credit card and have it delivered to my www.myus.com account. I had it reshipped via DHL & received it today at my Istanbul address, a few hours ago.

At the time of my order (October 29th) I didn't use any vpn or proxy, and as my card was a UK credit card, using a US issued card had no significance either. The only important thing, "at the time of my order", was the US shipping address.

Yet with my myus.com address I couldn't buy/download even the free books.
I now try to solve this via several methods.

I'm also glad that we can now use the B&N gift cards to purchase e-books. This will be handy.

By the way I loved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy_dunlop View Post
Sorry to slightly change the topic, but has anyone received a nook internationally? If so has there been any issues?

My biggest concern would be being unable to register/activate the device and get firmware updates while not in the US (i.e. via the USB cable rather than 3g.)

I think we've already established you'll need a proxy or vpn and a forwarding service to get get the device and buy books from the B&N store.
cargun71 is offline   Reply With Quote