Thread: Glo 2.4.0 bugs
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #156
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnor View Post
Since I upgraded my Kobo to 2.4.0, I have 2 extremely annoying bugs:

- Kobo is much slower than before; loading a book, turning a page or on settings.
- When turning page: sometimes it's not responding until I touch it two or three times, and then it moves those 2 or 3 pages.

Everyone has this problems, or there is some way to fix it?
How can I downgrade to 2.3.1, which I think was a much better firmware?
I don't have these problems with 2.4.0 on my Glo, it could be that something got messed up during the upgrade.

If you haven't already done it, try turning the device off then back on. This will clear memory and reload from onboard storage.

If that didn't help then the next thing to try is to sync, then log out of your account, then log back in. This will rebuild the onboard database from scratch. Unortunately this will delete the reading status for sideloaded books, but the books themselves and annotations will remain. It is a less drastic step than a full factory reset.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention: Logging out will also delete your ADE authorization data, so if you use ADE you will need to reauthorize your device with ADE afterwards or else make a copy of the .adobe-digital-editions directory on your device before logging out and copy it back again afterwards.

Last edited by GeoffR; 03-16-2013 at 05:17 PM.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote