View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 05:18 AM   #779
Kretzer
out of depth
Kretzer can differentiate black from dark navy blueKretzer can differentiate black from dark navy blueKretzer can differentiate black from dark navy blueKretzer can differentiate black from dark navy blueKretzer can differentiate black from dark navy blueKretzer can differentiate black from dark navy blueKretzer can differentiate black from dark navy blueKretzer can differentiate black from dark navy blueKretzer can differentiate black from dark navy blueKretzer can differentiate black from dark navy blueKretzer can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: iPad2, iPhone 5, Kindle3 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I don't use Sigil myself, but for example while creating an EPUB in Calibre, you can instruct it to insert a "screen break" before every heading. That way, you're guaranteed that a new chapter always begins on a new screen in Marvin and every other e-reader. You can instruct Calibre before which type of headings such a "screen break" should be inserted: only before big headings like <h1> and <h2>, or also before smaller headings of the <h3> and <h4> variety (which may not always look right).
Thanks. But I would not always want a screen break, only when the heading is low down on the screen, rather like some kind of orphan control. Ideally that would be adjusted to the level of the heading.

Quote:
OK, but that still doesn't explain why my own rating and review are never accepted by the App Store? Forgetting for a moment about Apple's imbecilic geographical isolation of App Stores for every country: because I submitted a 5-star rating for Marvin 1.2 to my App Store many days ago, Marvin's average rating should be 3.5 stars right now, yes? If that jerk gave Marvin 2 stars and I gave it 5 stars, that's 3.5 stars on average. Instead, my review and rating never show up, and Marvin's average rating in my micro-country's App Store is, therefore, 2 stars, based on a single troll's rating.
This is strange, in my small country store it always says: "not enough ratings to show average", but the reviews do show up. Sometimes the ratings show up anyway ... Maybe there was some technical issue and you need to try again?

The country isolation must be due to legal differences, but there is no reason to keep the ratings and reviews separate (other than maybe language).
At least it's interesting to compare different countries, sometimes the ratings are very different even between Austria and Germany. Did you know you can change the country tag in the links and always get to the same app? Like "at" to "de" here: https://itunes.apple.com/at/app/marvin-ebooks-+-intelligence/id577374971?mt=8 ? That's the quickest way to look over the fence, but I don't think it works for all countries.

Re "trolls" and "jerks": I think people are entitled to freely express their opinion, even if it differs from ours, and even if indeed many reviews are stupid.

Last edited by Kretzer; 02-09-2013 at 05:56 AM. Reason: typo